- Lal shak (red spinach) 1 bunch chopped
- Onion – 1 finely chopped
- Garlic chopped – 2 tbsp
- Red Chilly – 2
- Poppy seed (smashed) – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar – 1/4 tsp
- Mustard oil – 2 tbsp
- Wash and clean the shak. Chop them.
- Finely chop garlic and onion.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Fry the ground nuts and then add red chilly,garlic and onion.
- Add little salt and sugar and fry till the onions are golden brown
- Add the lal shak and salt. The shak will leave water.
- Fry till the water is evaporated and the shak is well cooked.
- At the end add 1 tsp of smashed poppy seed and fry for 1 more min.