How to make pizza dough base
- 650g/1lb 5oz white flour
- 7g sachet of easy-blend yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 25ml/1fl oz olive oil
- 50ml/2fl oz warm milk
- 325ml/11fl oz warm water
Make the dough: mix the flour, yeast and salt together in a large mixing bowl and stir in the olive oil and milk. Gradually add the water, mixing well to form a soft dough.
Turn the dough out on to a floured work surface and knead for about five minutes, until smooth and elastic. Transfer to a clean bowl, cover with a damp tea towel and leave to rise for about 1½ hours, until doubled in size.
Making of Keema
Kheema or mince can be made with any meat you prefer. It is extremely versatile and just changing the masala can result in a great new taste each time. Masala Kheema tastes delicious with Chapatis (Indian flatbread) or Parathas (pan fried Indian flatbread).
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 kg ground beef/ minced beef (you can use any ground meat you prefer for this recipe)
- 3 tbsps vegetable/canola/sunflower cooking oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 medium-sized onions chopped fine
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsps coriander powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala (see link below for recipe to make your own)
- Salt to taste
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes chopped fine
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Chopped coriander leaves to garnish
Heat the cooking oil in a wok or deep pan, on medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds and fry for 1 minute. Add the onions now. Fry till they turn a pale golden colour.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the minced meat and all the powdered spices – coriander, cumin, garam masala and salt to taste.
- Continue to brown the minced meat, stirring often to prevent burning. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stir and cook till they are soft.
- Turn the fire off, add the lime juice and stir.
Other pizza toppings:
Blue cheese, mushroom, ananas and capsicum
on the pizza base use pizza sauce